It's just been out. Unlike the original OnePlus 1, this is not the ultra-budget flagship killer. Prices have gone up. But they have kept it similar to the 5 launched earlier this year. So it still undercuts most mega flagships by about half. And this upstart has proved to be a ridiculously capable device over the years.
Why you should get it
The goods things it carries over from the 5:
*Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, same as Note 8 and others. They kept this from the OnePlus 5 and why not? That alone makes up for the deal-making decision. It is ultra-fast, runs extremely efficiently and stays cool under demanding conditions.
* Bluetooth 5.0 gives you almost four times the connectivity range.
* Dash charge means 0-60 (percent) times happen in about 30 minutes.
* Reading Mode gives you an easy-on-the-eyes experience close to that of a Kindle if books are high on your priority.
* Front is nearly all display with a 6.1-inch display in the same previous body physical dimension. You get the same power-efficient display courtesy of the OLED screen.
* Fingerprint sensor now moved to the rear and centred for easy reach, unlike Samsung.
* Has one of the fastest face detection I've seen despite using a single lens up front. Just look and it unlocks. Still checking on how secure that is.
* Dual camera setup. No surprise there. Combination of 16MP regular and 20MP telephoto lens by Sony offers 1.6x optical zoom and significant image quality upgrades thanks to f/1.7 max apertures. DxO score of 87 points.
* EIS provides very good stabilisation as we've seen in many demo videos.
Why you shouldn't get it
* Are you going to dive into water? It does not have IP68 waterproofing. But it can take a beating as you shoot images in light rain.
* No universal charger meaning Dash Charge only works with their proprietary charger. Other chargers will work but will take time to juice up your Oneplus 5t.
And that's it. Tons of power, great looks, fantastic camera. In India, the 64GB/6GB RAM version has been launched for an equivalent of 43000 BDT. In Bangladesh, couple of shops currenlty selling at about 50,000 taka. (updated 4/12/17)